Translate

Monday, May 9, 2016

Touristy moment (6. May)

Finally, I became a tourist in my own city (just 10 months after arriving). This doesn't mean that I never explored and looked around (I think this is obvious to you), but I actually wanted to look at a museum or two. I later regretted the idea, but still enjoyed myself as I went out among living.

WHAT?! A cat on a leash?!  He doesn't look happy.

I've honestly never seen this phenomenon before.

The Braunschweigs Palace
The Braunschweigs Palace was a museum I thought was interesting and wanted to visit. However, with a 15 PLN price tag, and being able to see a few things from the foyer, I decided against it. It has old measuring instruments (for weights, distance, and climate as well--I think). If you click the link below the picture, it will take you to it's website. Warning: the site is in Polish.


Next, I decided to spend some time inside the cathedral:

There's room for both tourists and worshipers; just be respectful.

Ugh oh, my pyromaniac side is awakened.

Small, yet meaningful

Feel the scale?

A tiny idea of the inside.

Oh, what a grandiose candlestick!

Oh, to hear that organ being played . . .

Up to the front

The only pillar that's not plain.

Not the kind of chandelier I'd expect to see.

Close-up of the candlestick

Base of said candlestick

The elevator up the tower.

I was there during the off time. Maybe next time, I'll make it up . . .


Well, time to go and behold the flowers in the parks:


Just across from the cathedral.

About a block behind the previous picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment