Translate

Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Situation

Oh My Word.


What a change in just a couple of weeks!


Maybe I should share what's been going on . . .

The thing is, I don't want to go into much detail here, since this is a public domain and we don't need to pull any more people into this than necessary.

We SMs (Student Missionaries) / volunteers have had a few issues with our director. Little by little, we started to see that there were some inconsistencies between what we understood of the info about this mission, and the reality of what was going on.
Again, I don't want to go into detail. It suffices to say that we've tried speaking with our director before, and nothing changed. Then we felt obliged to speak to the powers that be (Adventist Volunteer Services - AVS). They asked us many questions, they spoke with us, they spoke with our director, they spoke among themselves (and apparently with the General Conference too). AVS came to the conclusion to pull us 5 missionaries/volunteers out of this school/program--1 month before the end of the school year.
This past week (the final week of April) was our last week at School by the Sea. The previous week was our last week at the other schools we were subcontracted out to. So, as of now, we 5 are now tourists.
If I had the money, I'd be out exploring, traveling, visiting friends elsewhere, etc. But alas, I don't. I just have enough to live off of in Krakow when I'm doing the CELTA course. I hope to visit a friend before returning to the States, but that all depends on how much I pay for housing in Krakow. This is a major waiting period, and a time to say good-bye to everyone here, and to Kołobrzeg. 

 It's so weird to think that I had other plans just 2 weeks ago. They were:
1. Finish the school year at the end of May.
2. Stay teaching for the month of June, until right before my CELTA course starts in June 27th.
3. Finish my course on July 22nd.
4. Then either get hired to teach English elsewhere, or return to the States (probably the latter, due to visa regulations).


Well, all that has changed. Completely.

There's quite a bit of suspense in the air here, but one way or another, everything will work out. I just never imagined I would go through something like this, ever.

Please pray for our director and his family, that they don't take this as a personal attack against them--which it is most definitely not. Also pray for the church, the students, whoever is supposed to substitute for us, and for us as well. We each need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment