Translate

Monday, September 21, 2015

Wanderings to the beach (17. Sept.)

On Thursday, 17. September, the day was so beautiful, my roommate and I couldn't resist the urge to go exploring. Sadly, the weather started to get chilly and the sun started to hide, almost as soon as we started our explorations. But we still had fun. We just need to try to do this more often.

I was told this is where retired priests stay. See the basilica at the far left?


Parsęta River, looking towards the Baltic Sea.

Ah, locks from couples. . . just like in Korea.

Typical apartments, beside a river.

I'm guessing a florist lives here?

The Salt/Brine Spring. Taste that water, and you'll taste salt water.

I'm sorry I can't read Polish.




Reminds me of the Stone Grandfather statues all over Jeju Island.

Walking & crossing the Port Bridge with my roommate.

Behold, the power of creativity.

Graffiti wall, towards the Marina/port.

The tourist trap area of the port.

Hornbeam Alley, since the 19th century.

This makes me want to climb it or pull on it.

Yay, 3 languages!

Viking ship gives tourists rides for a price.

Same with the (pirate?) ship.

The fortress that became a lighthouse.

I understood "Nazi" and "Hitler". I'll be able to read it in a few months.

Interesting details on the side.

Too bad a bird blotted some of the English part with its droppings.

Up the stairs to the lighthouse.

26 meters (85.3 feet) tall

Read more.

Lighthouses between Germany and Gdańsk, Poland (about).

Boy, 6 of the country's hardest years.

The "boardwalk" along the beach.

A lady feeding an eager crowd.

What monument is this?

Oh, Poland's wedding to the (Baltic) sea. (18. March 1945)

A flag with men guarding the post, so of course, the flag as well.

If the kid is the architect, I'm impressed.

Beach with overcast skies and chilly wind.

Out to the Pier!

You've got a friend . . .

. . . and he's got some friends too.

I read this pier is the longest reinforced concrete structure in Poland. Oh, that's a restaurant, by the way.



Looking back to where we just came from.

Hmm, I believe a storm is threatening to begin.

The lighthouse is beaming!

Kolobrzeg train station, from the pedestrian bridge that goes over the tracks.

The look out our balcony today . . . yeah, it's been raining on and off today.


Well, I better get going! I've got a class in less than an hour (good thing I'm ready), but need to attend to a few other things before I go.

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you.
    That's interesting, since there are no pictures of myself on this post . . .

    ReplyDelete