Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2015

From Poland to Austria, via Germany (4.Sept.)





Let's begin with my trip down to Austria, where the wedding was going to be held. It all started in a train at Kolobrzeg Station:

Just to give you an idea how the train looks like inside.

The doors. Very different from Korea, where they open automatically.

I guess this is for those with some sort of train/transportation pass.

My seat and stuff.

Final destination of this train, where I get my next connection.

This is why it looked so dark inside. This is in the morning.

Train ride over, now off to the bus/van.

At a bus terminal, that I later found out wasn't the one I should have been on.
It all worked out. I was directed to the one I should have gone to and the bus was still there. Or should I say, the van-that-was-turned-into-a-bus. It took me straight to Berlin-Tegel airport with a few hours to spare. When you're early, you know you won't be late, right?


Bike rental near my wrong bus terminal.

I made it to Salzburg. My friend met me at the airport and took me to his apartment. So, from the time I left Kolobrzeg until I arrived at Salzburg . . . was about 10 hours total, including waiting time.

I stayed at my friend's apartment Friday night and then on Sabbath morning went to Bogenhofen. I was happily reunited with several friends from my time in both Bogi and Southern--but of course, the 99% I met in Bogi. A couple of hours after lunch, the groom set us to help get everything ready for the wedding. Yes the groom--because I was with the groom's family, who are friends of mine. Goes to show I kinda had to earn my invitation . . . but it's all good. I really did enjoy it.

Next, wedding pictures . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment