Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sabbath afternoon & Odd moment (12. & 14.Sept.)

Sabbath afternoon out in Miechęcino. This is a small area where a few church members own plots of land. Here, they like to meet and mingle during the Sabbath afternoon hours--complete with a campfire, mushroom hunting, snack eating, bread (or whatever) roasting, and enjoying just good ol' fellowship.
.
Tom checking his phone, while Karolina adds branches to the fire.

2 of the 4 musical SMs (Student Missionaries)/English teachers.


Let me sing and play air guitar on this roasting stick.


We amuse Tom.

See? Even the cows rest here on the Sabbath.

I'll publish more pictures on this place once I get back WITH my camera.



About the "Odd moment" in the title . . .
. . . well, as I was walking home from school, done with teaching classes for the day, I saw a few groups of people standing around, all of them looking at the same direction. I tried to see what they were looking at, but I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. It wasn't until I was almost home that I saw it: a man on the 11th floor (of a 12 story apartment building--just perpendicular to my apartment building!) was pacing back and forth on the window sill, walking in and out, side to side. Yelling the entire time he was moving.
Of course, I had no idea what he was saying. I just knew it wasn't good. He kept at it for over an hour. As I was cooking something to eat, I'd hear him and see the people watching him from my kitchen window. Eventually, I didn't hear anything more. That was the odd moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment