Translate

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas & New Years Break (from 26. Dec. - 3. Jan)

***Happy 2016 everybody!***
I pray your year has started off well. If it hasn't, I pray it will get better very soon.

So classes are back in session.
My break was a very laid-back one. I didn't go anywhere far (if I left at all). Let me just share the pictures.

First, a hike in the woods on Dec. 27th:
Coming to the Parsęta River.

Too bad I can't read--yet.

You know you're a teacher when you see this and think of an out-door classroom.

Kinda cold and wet. It had just rained the previous days.

So this creek was overflowing.

Path on our way back.

How high was this?

This was where I took the previous photo.




***


Now, a pit stop during a trip to Koszalin with Danielle & Andrzej on Dec. 28:

Important part of "Old Kołobrzeg"
 
Can you read the English?

The front of the church.

Same, only with Danielle and I.

***
 
Random exploration with Danielle during our random trip back to Koszalin on Dec. 30. We wanted to spend some time with Karolina (the lady we teach for in Koszalin) and our mutual student Maciej:
 
Coming to a park with it's own "river".

The other side of the park, kind of.


Oh, the wonderful smell of pine this building had inside ...

Can you believe this is the (main) post office? Looks like Vienna's City Hall.
 I would have had more pictures, but my cameras batteries decided to die. Blast.

***

A few (blurry) scenes from New Years in Kołobrzeg:

LOTS of fireworks going off--since right before Christmas!

From the basilica, looking towards the town hall.

Can't believe the fireworks continued going off over an hour after the beginning of the new year!

Back at my place. Wasn't sure my camera would get this before the sparkler went out.

Thank you so much for the pic, Rebecca! Too bad Danielle was exhausted.

***
 
On Sabbath, Jan 2, I went with Danielle and Andrzej to a family's home for lunch after church. After lunch, we went to large patch of ice that was frozen in a field.
Getting ready to do some real ice skating.

The kids with ice skates, the older ones just on the ice with whatever they've got.

And me, beholding scenery until my batteries died with no hope of resurrection.

The break was much needed, I'm not going to lie. Today (Jan 6th) is another holiday (perfect, since it gives me time to do this). But now, my mind is starting to think about our next break: Winter break, 1-14. Feb.

Any ideas for someone who can barely afford to travel . . .?

No comments:

Post a Comment