Translate

Monday, January 25, 2016

Students' Music School Christmas Program (11. Jan.)

Hey, I'm sneaking in time to get my pictures from this month posted on here. It's MidTerms (1st semester exams) week and then next week is Winter Break (from 1.-14. Feb.)!

I've got some plans that are starting to come together, but I'll share them once they happen.

***

Anyway, I teach a married couple English in their home. Both teach in a music school here. I invited them to come to our Christmas Program and they came. Then they told me of a Christmas recital their music school was giving on Jan. 11th. For several reasons, I had to go.

The recital/concert was held in this church on ulica Kathedra (Cathedral Street).

Who says it's too late to celebrate Christmas?

My student, Pan Sokolnicki, giving the welcoming remarks.

Just a side note: "Pan" is "Mr." in Polish, so don't think this man's name is Pan. It's Krzysztof (Polish "Chris").


Stairs to the balcony.

Looking up at the winding stairs.

Looking down at where I came from.

Xylophone choir (kind of)

Husband and wife. Indeed, what a sweet team.

How it all looked from the balcony.

After the program was over.

My only regret was having a cough. There were a few times when I needed to step out 'cause holding my cough was choking me. I even had to go home and get my water bottle (just a couple of blocks away). It was nice. At the end of the program, he even said a "Hi Joann" while giving his closing remarks. That wasn't necessary (I really wanted to hide). However, it was sweet.

Ah yes, have you ever seen a beach covered in snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment