Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Beaches covered in snow

Seriously, have you ever seen a beach covered in snow?

We had a very snowy weekend about 2 weeks ago. That Sunday, I realized that I had never seen a beach covered in snow. This was my perfect chance to change that. So off I went to the main, touristy beach . . .

Ok, so completely white, cold, and cloudy . . .

Here's the pier.

Perfect snow for snowmen and snowball fights.

It's actually pretty cool!

Just look at how much snow was on these trees!

My snow angel

Danielle looking at her snow angel.

What do you think?

Two naked statues in the shape of a heart--covered in snow.

Ducks and swans had no problem.


The waves


The promenade beside the beach

I was very happy.

Don't judge, this is really exciting!

Makes me want to run down this path.

Don't be fooled: these seagulls are huge!

Blanket of snow.

Even in January, this beach cannot completely hibernate.

Quite a few centimeters (forgot exactly how many)

Nice burst of color.

I took a picture of this road when it was gold with the autumn colors.

Here's a park, with a sign pointing to the beach.

Going to the train platforms.

This is a very catholic region, in case you were wondering.

Sleigh caravan.

An island of virgin snow.

One of those old buildings again.

The basilica
The statue/memorial beside the basilica

the Old Town Hall, and the Christmas tree that is still up.

Parsęta River, which flows to the Baltic Sea.

Entering the "empty beach".
Nothing touristy here.

This is the beach where dogs are allowed to roam.

Yes, there's an area with sand.

I stepped on the water (in my snow boots). The sand is the same. However, on the part covered with snow, there was a layer of ice between the sand and snow.

Layers of Sky, Sea, and Land.

I was so excited, I didn't even feel the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment