Translate

Monday, February 1, 2016

Naleśniki and Priestly Visit

Have you ever had a savory (not sweet) crepe?

This happens to be a Polish specialty (or so I understand).

In Koszalin, where I teach once a week, there's a naleśnikarnia that offers a wide array of naleśniki--both sweet and savory. I've gone about 3 or 4 times. It's wonderful.

(oh yeah, I honestly forgot when I took these pictures; but here they are nonetheless)

This place is in a mall.

A kids' corner

The menu: Savory on the right, sweet on the left

Large, grilled chicken, spinach, and I forgot the rest.
 I always order the large one (40 cm) 'cause I always have that kind of appetite. 


Also, one day, after I finished my classes, a priest came to bless the apartment for the new year. I've never witnessed this ceremony or anything like it. I wish I could've filmed it, but just being there was awkward enough (for me). It was interesting.

I can at least take a few pictures of the table . . .

This is in "my classroom", on "my table".

All needed for said ceremony.

 


A card the priest signed on the back and left.




The other side. Too bad I don't know what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment