Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2015

More explorations (27.Sept.)

Wow, it's been almost a week since I took these pictures. I should publish them soon . . . like, now!

It was one of those days, that felt like a sin to stay indoors.
Forbid me to sin!

The medieval water tower among apartment buildings.

I needed to drop off a book at the other girls' apartment. I remembered I needed to take a picture of the elevator. It must have been from the communist era. It is very small--if you're claustrophobic, don't even think of using it. If you're not claustrophobic, you might become one. You even see the doors of each floor go up and down when you ride it. I think it's fun! It makes me feel as though I'm time-traveling.

Said elevator door.
Back in the center, I remembered a spot my roommate showed me that's right behind the town hall.

See the 2nd column from the left? It's darker than the rest, right?

Oh! An upside-down face!
Apparently, this is the only column with such a face. I don't know its history. However, I was told that whenever students had to take a serious exam, they'd go and rub the face for good luck.


This town hall is part of the Municipal Fortifications Route (12km).

Just behind the town hall? A mall/shopping district.

There's the basilica again. I just can't get enough of it.

One of several tour vehicles that ride through the city.

Front of the town hall.

Nice coat of arms.

Stitched panoramic view of the front of town hall.

Ah, there's the museum!

I can't help but see red and white everywhere.

An interesting fountain. That marble ball moves.

You can see the reflection of the buildings across the town hall from here.
I couldn't see my reflection, though. Slightly eerie . . .


Interesting lamppost.

Interesting details of said lamppost.

Yeah . . . I seriously need to learn Polish.

Yes, Poland is part of the European Union. Since 2004.

Same town hall, but to the side. You can see the shopping district to the right.

One of those "apartment gates" between the center and apartment complexes.

The promenade, one more time.

Wow, I've been here for over a month now.
I'll need to get an update ready for what's happened in this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment