Translate

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekend @ Camp Zatonie (9.-11.Oct.)

Oh my, I can't believe it's been over a week since the weekend at Camp Zatonie . . . I guess this just goes to show how busy I've been lately . . .

Well, best that I start and do this now. I don't know when I may have time to publish this post.


Behold the campground, from the main dorm building.

View of the lake, beyond the campers.

A rather large chess set.

Basketball/Football/Tennis/Volleyball court.

Exercise equipment at the edge of the forest.

Looking at the main dorm, where most of us stayed.

Lovely autumn weekend.

White birch = cold region

Oh, side note before I forget:
We went to prison.

We went to a local prison and performed a program for the prisoners there. This wasn't a high security prison. Most of the prisoners there were 1st-time offenders. Danielle (1 of my roommates and fellow-missionary-English-teacher) introduced herself and shared her experience in India. The rest of us sang a few songs, including a kids' song with motions.
After the program was over, the warden invited us to tea & snacks at his office to chat a while. It was a nice moment we shared with the warden and a prisoner. The prisoner who was with us had become an Adventist while in prison. The warden and other guards noticed a genuine change in him, hence why he had so many more liberties than the other prisoners.
I must say, this was my 1st time ever on the premises of any correctional facility. Ever. I was nervous, I'm not going to lie. With prayers and concentrating on the songs, GOD pulled me through. Who would have thought that I'd go and participate now, in a local prison in the middle of northern Poland?

Campers/RVs taking a break from the summer.

Going to the lack at sunset.

Serenity.

Good idea.

If only it wasn't cold.

The following morning.

Inviting boat.

Oh the sun! If only the wind wasn't as aggressive . . .

Hey you! . . . Row, row, row your boat; gently down the stream . . .

This is nice.

I don't want to leave.

Yay! Kitty!

Rebecca and I have a new friend we can't help but photo-shoot.

I think he enjoyed this as much as we did.

The stairs to go back up to the dorm (about 100 meters away).

Beautiful day, lake, cat . . . what more could one ask for?

The other dock where we took most of our photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment