Translate

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Eve (24. Dec. 2015)

Christmas Eve.

Still can't believe it came and went so quickly.

What did I do? I stayed in my room and worked on several different things (i.e. CELTA pre-course task, a book I needed to correct for my Dad, emailing former students in Korea and wishing them a Merry Christmas, skyping with other friends, etc.)

Yeah, not the typical Christmas Eve, I know.

I tend to break traditions anyway.

Throughout that day, I did take the time to go to one of the beaches of Kołobrzeg to see the sunset. This is the "empty" beach, 'cause there aren't any businesses along this beach, and dogs are allowed on this beach--as opposed to the other, more popular one.

Christmas Eve Sunset

Closer look at the sky palette.

Stitched view of the sky palette in "widescreen."

Just sand and sea.

The tide was kinda high.

Feel small yet?

On the other side of that pier, is the "popular" beach.

Towards midnight, my roommate (Danielle) and I went to a catholic church to see how the Christmas Mass was like. Neither of us had ever attended mass before, and we were curious. We went to one, that (I understood) one of my students attends. We didn't see her, so she probably wasn't there (it was a small, modern cathedral).

It was an interesting experience. Not sure I would repeat it anytime soon, unless I was able to understand the language next time.

The mass lasted about an hour. Coming back home, we passed by the town hall and saw a surprise in front of it . . .
Bunnies!
A goat, sheep, and llama (why a llama in Poland?)

A pony and a donkey.

This was worth it to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment