Translate

Monday, March 14, 2016

Friend's visit that made me think it was Winter Break again (18.-22. Feb.)

Seriously, I'm not exaggerating with the title.

One of my best friends came down for a long-weekend visit. Just the thought that she's willing to leave her native and beautiful Sweden to come and see me, makes me honored.

We had a really good time catching up as I showed her around this city that's become my home.


"Hey there, you like my feathers?"

Jump jump!


Jump higher!


Ah, how could my friend miss the opportunity of witnessing the madness we call volleyball?!
She played a bit. Then I gave her my camera to take a few shots of us playing. Here are some of my favorites:


My turn to serve.

I love how these guys concentrate so much on the ball.

My boss about the serve the air out of that ball.

In mid-action.

It just looks funny in still motion.

Wait, that ball is ours, isn't it?


I'm calming someone down, Tom's on his phone, and the other team is resolving a dispute.

How many different ways can you look at a ball?

The moment when you realize it was yours.

Got it.

Whoa, don't fall on Leya!

Wait, what happened?


What should we do on Sunday? Go to a beach then to a cafe and fatten ourselves up, of course!


Really nice café with the taste of Greater Poland.

Our hot chocolates and respective cakes. So healthy, right?

It was truly great having my friend over. There were other things we did, places I showed her, friends we video-skyped with, and plenty of food that we ate.
These were just the better/best pictures from my camera. If she gives me permission, I might show some of her pictures as well.

For the few friends I have on this European continent (and other continents for that matter), you don't know what you're missing out on . . . why not come up and let me show you around? As you can see, I respect privacy and will not share everything--unless you give me permission.
This is just the tip of the ice-berg . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment